It may seem a little mercenary mentioning the Irish Blog Awards when I haven't offered you so much as a biscuit in over a week but the blog fever has begun and I don't know about you but I could really do with a night out. And after all I did bring a sweet, zingy, lemony dessert.
If you think Eat Drink Live deserves a night out in a HOTEL in DUBLIN surrounded by ADULT conversation then click anywhere along here to find out what you need to do to vote. To top it all off I would get to go to a tea party hosted by Sabrina (right up my alley don't you think?) and a brunch hosted by Debs. If there is anything I can do for you in return, anything at all, don't hesitate to call. My number is 555......
- 250g ginger-nut biscuits (or digestives)
- 100g butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 280ml double cream
- 300g lemon curd ( homemade or shop bought)
- Line the base of a 9 inch spring-form tin with greaseproof paper. Crush the biscuits in a bag, beating vigorously with a rolling pin. Put the crumbs in a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Press the crushed biscuits into the base of the tin and put in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth and soft. Add the finely grated zest and juice of the lemon and beat again to combine. Pour in the cream and beat again until smooth and completely combined.
- Spread the mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the top with a spatula. Spoon over the lemon curd and smooth this over the top too. Return the cheesecake to the fridge to set overnight.
- To unmould run a warm knife around the edge of the cheesecake and carefully remove the sides of the tin. Transfer to a plate to serve.
You could squeeze 10 slices out of this if you really must.