Can't talk. Eating.
Adapted from How to be a Domestic Goddess.
SNICKERS AND PEANUT-BUTTER MUFFINS
- 250g plain flour
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tbls baking powder
- pinch of salt
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 160g crunchy peanut butter
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 175ml milk
- 5 x 65g Snickers (4 for the recipe, 1 for you)
- handful of honey roasted peanuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases or with squares of parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter, vanilla extract and egg to the milk and beat lightly to combine. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a fork adding 3 of the chopped Snickers bars with the last few strokes. Divide between the muffin cases and sprinkle the remaining Snickers bar over the tops of the batter with the honey roasted peanuts if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Sit in the tin on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes the transfer to the wire rack to cool(ish).
Makes 12 muffins but if you think I'm sharing you are sadly mistaken.
Something good can always be made a little better.
From Nigella Express.
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT-BUTTER SAUCE
- 175ml cream
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbls golden syrup
- Put everything in a microwaveable bowl and zap for 20 seconds at a time until everything is almost melted then stir until you have a smooth sauce.