... the ICE-CREAM MAN has called upon us in the name of sweetness and we shall follow. Seek HERE and ye shall find the road to temptation. I have been plagued by fudge demons for many years, being tormented by tooth-shattering shards or lumps of undissolved sugar. But today I have been healed. Our leader Kieran's recipe for Caraibe-and-Coffee Fudge held the key to my salvation. I did not stray from his word and I have now been blessed with the means to bestow edible gifts upon deserving followers this Christmas.
In celebration, but I confess to committing the sin of gluttony, I baked Kahlua Brownies. Again Kieran's words were all that were needed to create a delicacy whose decadent lacing of alcohol almost sent me into the abyss, but now that I have seen the light I will sin no more (or at least will confess no more).
You have until November 25th to be saved, convert now and the Gospel According to Murphy's could be yours.
Kieran’s Coffee Fudge Recipe
500 gm caster sugar
250 ml cream
120 gm Caraibe (66%) chocolate
75 ml very strong coffee
40 gm butter
What to Do
- Put all of the ingredients in a good, thick-bottomed pan (it shouldn’t be too small, or it’s more likely it will burn).
- Melt over low heat, stirring until chocolate and sugar are dissolved.
- Cease stirring, increase the heat, and bring the temperature to 115C.
- Immediately place the pan in a cold water bath to stop the cooking process (you can use your sink, half-filled with water).
- Cool until 80C. Beat with wooden spoon until fudge lightens in colour and becomes more solid.
- Pour into baking tray and cool until the fudge sets.
- Cut and serve.
Dark Chocolate Brownies with Kahlua
Servings : 8 Preparation Time : 00:45:00 (including baking)
250 grams chocolate (70% cocoa content)
165 grams butter — at room temperature
3/4 tablespoon natural vanilla
300 grams sugar
100 grams flour
3 each egg
100 ml Kahlua Liqueur
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Butter and flour an 10 inch square baking pan. Set it aside.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Mix until smooth.
4. Beat the sugar and eggs together.
5. Add the vanilla.
6. Slowly pour in the chocolate and butter, mixing all the time.
7. Sift the flour, then add, mixing thoroughly.
8. Stir in the Kahlua.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes (a knife should come out just about clean).
10. Allow the brownies to cool slightly. Then cut them into squares and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.